Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mother's Day 2008

Happy Belated Mother's Day 2008 to ALL you Mothers! It seems we have been traveling somewhere non-stop lately, but finally we are home for a while! Praise God! Although we had a BLAST every where we went! Once again it will take me a while to post all the pictures but I'm going to have to start with the most recent first. Also there are sooooo many Tennessee photos to go through, it could take forever just doing that blog! So here's some photos from Mother's Day this past weekend.
We went to Blossom to have Mom's Day with my family. I don't know if I've mentioned or not, but most of you know already that we bought a new van! Well not new, slightly used, but it's new to us! Here's Hooper listening to the DVD while on the trip. He still has to face backwards for now so he can't see the screen but Dee could not resist trying the headphones on him.
Who knew they tasted so good? You can't see it but he now has 8 teeth and is working on his top molars as we speak! Unfortunately you will not see many "Hooper pictures" after these because for some reason he felt terrible Sunday. This is how he spent most of his day, out on his Daddy's chest. Oh did I mention he now says "Dada." Although he has no idea what he's saying. Still we love it!! Especially Dee!
Here's me with my brothers and my parents.
Mom and her babies!
MeMaw (my Mom's mom) moved to Blossom last month ON MY BIRTHDAY up from Houston and we are so HAPPY!!!! Here are two of my favorite women!
All the "Mom's" together celebrating! Some more of my favorite women!
Since the weather was so nice we sat outside by the pond after lunch. Here's John David with my newest cousin Maggie James. She and Hooper are only 2 1/2 months apart.
Maggie's sister, Kaytie Jane is getting some help fishing from her Dad, Ryan.
Please excuse the finger in the top left corner. I did not notice it until it's already posted. Here are my Aunt Connie Kay, Uncle John John, and cousins Kristi and Marla.
The Brooks Clan!
Even outside Hooper wanted to lay on Dee's chest. My poor little man! Thank God for Daddy's chest!!! What a wonderful Daddy Dee is!
Ma with her babies!
MeMaw with her first and second born (she had 9, yes 9 children).
Here's my other favorite woman!
Kaytie Jane caught several fish. If not the same one over and over, ha! She had a blast!!!
Everytime Kaytie Jane caught a fish the camera's came flying out. Look at these two proud women! Nothing like the love of a Nana and a Great Aunt Sue-Sue. For all of you in Houston reading this....look how HAPPY MeMaw is here! You had her long enough, it's our turn to enjoy her now!!! We promise to treat her like gold!!!
I just wonder what is so funny????
Oga and Evan playing a game of checkers. I would not trust either of them two!! Dad definitely looks like he's up to something.
My Uncle Doug, Aunt Diana, and cousin Danae.
Connie Kay getting some sweet Maggie lovin'.
The wind was a little chilly so Maggie needed a little covering. Nothing like camo to warm a girl in a pink bow and clogs.

Back at home Monday Hooper was mezmorized with Dee's "tower of power" (all his entertainment equipment). He was determined to get his little hands on all those pretty lights!
I've always managed to keep him out of that corner with blockades, but he's figured out how to get past them now. He made it!
Who could punish that face and determination? This is how we found him at 6:00 this morning. He's fallen in love with pillows. This one I keep wedged in the corner of his crib because he use to get his head stuck in there in the middle of the night. Well the last two nights he's pulled it out of the corner and slept on it.
I swear I see angel wings on his back!!!
No wings here! After a diaper change in the floor yesterday he decided he wanted to streak a while! One sock and no pants. That's a look not just anyone can pull off!
Boys will be boys!
We hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day! I know I did!!

No comments: