Saturday, March 1, 2008

Playing Catch Up...Again

Oh my where has the time gone? Hooper is almost 8 months old now and changing so much everyday! He now has 6, yes 6 teeth (4 on top, 2 on bottom) and is learning new things daily. Here's a look back at the past few weeks.

Yesterday we went to the Driving Range to hit a bucket or two of balls. Hooper really enjoyed himself. I see a young Tiger Woods in the making already.
This one is my favorite. He is so curious about EVERYTHING. "Hmmm let me examine this here golf ball....." New this past week is him pulling up all by himself. He's pretty well mastered it and stays for a long time. Yesterday we noticed him taking a few steps around the ottoman but when he gets to the corner he stops like he doesn't know how to make the turn. It doesn't matter what it is, he's going to pull up on it as you see. He's on his way!Lately I've noticed him napping with his tushy up in the air. And don't worry he does not have a pink blanket. It's my robe. He had a hold of it when he fell asleep so I just kept it with him when I put him down. And yes the football is still his favorite sleep toy. I've tried and tried to get him to sleep with an animal or blanket of some sort but no luck. He just wants to rub on his football.
For those of you who know our pacifier issue lately we're finally back on track just about. He's never been a HUGE pacifier baby but when he was sick he weaned himself completely off of it. That sounds all well and good until you're trying to get him to sleep. So finally after much coaching we're back to going to sleep with the pacifier....most of the time.
Dee discovered that he loves to play with the desk drawer, back and forth. Not to worry he can't slam his fingers in it, yet. He's so slow and steady with it, just opening and shutting it over and over.
Sue-Sue bought him this device that's a mesh bag on a holder that you put frozen fruit or an ice cube in so he can suck on it. Well I tried frozen apple sauce and he was not a fan until it thawed...oh what a mess. So I tried putting a slice of nectarine in it. It was a hit! As usual the first bite is always fun to watch as he makes terrible faces but he keeps going back for more.
My boys stylin' with their ball hats on backwards.
Hooper was given this Tonka Truck at Christmas from Aut and Sue-Sue but we just got it out this week. He was too small to play with it then. It's one of those that he learns to push on his knees, then sit on then and finally walk behind. The instant we put it together he LOVED it. He is ALL boy!

He "crashes" often but rarely does he cry. He's such a good boy!
I thought it would take him forever to learn to sit on his truck but he does this better than pushing it. He'll sit up here all by himself for ever.

When the weather is pretty I try to get him out as much as possible. Early last week we went to the park for the afternoon and took Gibson with us.
"Oh that sun is so bright I can't open my eyes all the way."
Beach Blanket Baby! (minus the beach)
And we HAD to bring the ball. What boy goes to the park without a ball.
He still hasn't figured out that you throw the ball and not eat it. Oh well!
He's also discovered his shoe laces. I have to double knot them to keep them tied. He's about outgrown these shoes so I bought him new ones last week that have velcro instead of laces. Let's see how long it takes him to figure that out.

"If I can't eat the ball then I guess I'll just rest my chin on it."
Being the BIG BOY that he is, he got to swing in the big kids swing at the park. He wasn't quiet sure what to think about it. But I think he liked it.





Crusin'
I tried to put sun shades on him but he wanted to eat them instead of wearing them. And check out that cool camo bib!
His favorite past time is playing tickle with his Daddy. They're best buds!
Have I mentioned what a worm he is now? It's like trying to wrestle a pet coon! I thought this picture was hilarious! Dee trying to talk on the phone and Hooper trying to escape.
What an interesting hat, Dee!
Hooper has full blown separation anxiety now, ugh! So one day when I was working in the kitchen I put him in his rocking chair so he could be in there with me. Well as with everything now, he's trying to escape and pull up on the kitchen chair. Notice how he's tied into the rocking chair. What did people do before having things you can tie their children into?

Aut and Sue-Sue came to visit over Valentine's weekend. They watched Hooper Friday night so Dee and I could have a date night and Saturday night while we went to a Sunday School party. From the looks of it all three of them had a GREAT time! Thanks again Mom and Dad!!!!

Notice Hooper's change in hair. My Dad keeps Hoop's hair gelled (sp?) and parted when he's here. Isn't he adorable?
"Oh I love you Sue-Sue!"
Gibson of course had to get in on the playing and lovin'!
I think they BOTH played themselves to sleep. Look at Hooper's hand. He's into this feeling of your face thing now.
Everytime Aut comes to visit he plays the guitar for Hooper. Hooper loves music of all sorts, but especially when his Aut plays. I guess now is a good time to make the official name change from Aut to Oga. See months ago Hooper kept saying "oga" over and over. Dee and I looked at each other and asked "who is Oga?" and my dad of course said it was him trying to say Aut. So now he's known as Oga. Now when you here us refer to Oga you know it's my Dad.

Have you ever tried to play the guitar with your mouth? It takes lots of talent!
Oga was whisteling to Hooper and he fell fast asleep on his arm.
Now that's comfy!
For Valentine's Sue-Sue and Oga gave Hooper a set of Ragee Drums. He immediately knew how to beat on them and LOVED them!!!
Hooper's Mammaw and Pappaw gave him this wagon full of HUGE Lego's for Christmas. Well it's just the right size for him to be pulled around in. I think Oga and Sue-Sue's arms were sore from pulling him up and down the hall all weekend in it.

My handsome boy! He now chews/eats these teething cookies called Baby Mum Mums and loves them. Man what a saver they are at meal time when we're trying to eat!

Don't worry I never leave him unassisted so he could fall out. But as God as my witness I was just thinking how it was about time to lower his Pack'n'Play mattress with I looked up and he had pulled himself up in it and before I could get the thought completely out he was headed head first out of it. I caught him of course before he fell. Thank God!
This is how the Pack'n'Play is now. Nice and lowered. I didn't seem to bother him at all and I can rest easier. Dee calls it his "jail." Here he is in his Valentine outfit.
It says "Heartbreaker" on it if you can't tell. We're working on drinking from a sippy cup. He's getting better every day.
One day I wore a hat and it mezmorized him. He kept staring at it all day and oh how he wanted to get his hands on it.
Mommy getting some Hooper sugar! "Gee Mom, your hat sure does taste good."
Ok now for the most adorable baby ever seen. This was the first day I ever put a hat on him and as soon as I did his Daddy turned it around backwards and I fell in love all over again. I'm sorry for all the pictures with it on but I just think he's too cute in it!
Notice the "sugar" dripping off his chin.

Forget sleeping in his crib, it's way more fun to play in.
It too tastes good!
His daddy had to lower the mattress in the crib also last week. He was pulling up in it and about to do some really fun high dives soon.
Due to him using his bumper pads as a stepping stool we had to take them out. Well now he sits in his crib with his legs dangling down.
More fun in his PJ's riding his Tonka Truck. Look at those bottom teeth shine!
Once again he fell asleep holding on to my robe but this time I left him with it in the recliner.
Hooper wanted to help me put up laundry so he decided to just ride in the basket. It makes a great train!
And I wonder why my clothes are wrinkled when I put them in the drawers, ha.
That's all for now. Have a blessed day! Thanks again for stopping in and checking up on our little guy!

No comments: