Monday, January 7, 2008

Christmas 2007 with the Mayes'

Happy 2008! My, my where has the time gone? Hooper turned 6 months old on January 5 and is still the happiest baby in the world! Some of his new accomplishments are: sitting alone, sleeping all night (most nights), eating cereal, fruits and orange/yellow veggies, splashing in the bath tub, grabbing toys to play with, grabbing anything in sight (hair, skin, mouths, eyes, ears, etc....) and he has quiet the grip for a little one, oh and let's not forget our Thanksgiving present....2 bottom teeth. He's changed so much since the last blog! No my camera is not broken...I actually now have 2 thanks to Dee. He gave me a new one for Christmas, nice and small just for the diaper bag. And no, our computer has not been broken....we've just been on the go a little over the holidays. But now life is calming back down and we're getting back to our normal routine...whatever that is! Anyhow here's Hooper's latest blog for your enjoyment. Thanks again for stopping by and enjoying his growth with us!


I'm going to post our Family Christmas blogs seperately since there are so many photos. This first one is Christmas with my family, the Mayes'.
The Mayes Family Christmas photo.

Back row: My niece Amber, her boyfriend Cody, my brother Randy, Dee, my Dad (Hooper's Aut), my Mom (Hooper's Sue-Sue) and my brother Chris. Sitting: My sister-in-law Kristi, my great-niece Kinslee sitting in her lap, my niece Haley, me, and of course Hooper. It was a little cold out so I made him wear a hat. Not that fashionable, but it was warm.

We put a Santa hat on Hooper and had a little photo shoot. Look at that sugar dripping off his chin!
Check out those two teeth! Is he cute or what???
It looks like Hooper be-headed Santa but he didn't. There are 2 seperate dolls. Just the way the picture was taken makes it look funny.
Hooper giving his Memaw (my grandmother and where he get's his Haywood name from) sugar.

Ok we're definitely RED NECKS for this picture. My cousin Kristi lost half of her finger when she was a little girl in the chain of a bicycle. Now there is just a nub there and Hooper thought it was the greatest thing EVER! He loved to suck on it. Of course we all thought it was hilarious!


My little sweetheart sporting his warm Christmas hat again.

Hooper got the hang of unwrapping presents very quickly. Like he's was born to open them! His Aut and Sue-Sue gave him his first Tonka. He's just a little small yet for it, but it's one of them that you can push, then ride on then walk behind. Really cool! As you can tell he wants it NOW!!!!

This picture is a little out of order. This is him opening his Tonka toy.

His cousin Kinslee loved "the baby." Look at Hooper's cool new back pack. He loves to fill it with his toys and go to his Aut and Sue-Sue's.

Our little family! I'm so blessed!!!!!

Hooper needed a little swingin' to let Christmas dinner settle. We forgot his swing when we went to Tennessee for Christmas and oh how he (and I) missed it! It was good to finally get to Aut and Sue-Sue where at least he got to swing in his travel swing.

My brothers and me doing See No Evil, Hear No Evil and Speak No Evil. As you can see I got a little confused and did a little of all three for some reason. And yes that is Hooper's pacifier in my mouth....I'm still not sure about that one either.

Ma, Hooper's other Great Grandmother, getting some Hooper love!

Aut got this really cool headband with reindeer heads on it. Of course Hooper loved it. His "toy" Aut, wearing a toy just for him. Life is good!

Aparently we were not feeding him fast enough so he decided to just eat his high chair.

Time for a Christmas Eve bath. Since he mastered sitting up he's much easier to bathe in the kitchen sink.

Now that he's clean, it's off to bed. Night, night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post! I love to see him grow! I just can't figure out why he is such a happy baby?!?!? He has such a wonderful family filled with so much love! Hope your new year keeps going good! Love Ya'll, Lisa (at Sue-Sue's Office)

Anonymous said...

The most Beautiful Baby in the world and I'm not lieing. Also the Best Sugar in the world. Love Love that Baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sue-Sue