Friday, September 26, 2008

Mornings with Hooper

Here are some photos of our mornings over the past week or so.
Hooper was playing with my shower cap so I thought it would be cute to put it on him. Don't get me wrong I LOVE my son, but to say he's clingy is a HUGE understatement, especially this week!! So in order to get ready in the mornings I have to put him in our bath tub with some toys. This works for about 2-3 minutes then he's ready to get out. Thankfully he can't quiet achieve that success yet. I don't know what I'll do when he's able to actually get out. Ugh I'll have to come up with a new plan.




Do you remember the "road block" I put up last week in front of our bedroom TV unit? Well since it didn't work this morning I tried to put up on of his gates long vertically in front of it. I felt for sure I had him this time.....



Forget "Are you smarter than a 5th grader" I can't out smart a 14 month old!
Last weekend Dee was feeding Hooper breakfast and I noticed that he would give him an entire banana to hold and eat by himself. I was amazed! Dee said he'd done it before and Hooper does great with it. When I had tried it in the past Hooper would grab the mushy part of the banana and squish it between his fingers. So this week I thought "well if Dee's got him to do this, surely I can too." Ha, was I wrong. The two bites he ate by himself for me consisted of 1) a bite out of the banana peel and 2) eating the hard black stem on the bottom and making a terrible face. After that he would not touch the rest of the banana. I just can't figure it out....how does Dee get him to do things I can not?
See what I'm talking about? Eating the bottom black stem. YUCK!
Nonetheless, he's cute eating it either way!


I hope everyones mornings are as fun as ours are!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your mornings with us!! Hooper is quite a cutie and that smile is just so sweet! Love your new header picture!
kelly