Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Mayes Family Summer/Fall Birthday Celebration

Two weekends ago our family had a BIG Birthday celebration for all the Summer/Fall Birthdays. Growing up we celebrated each birthday individually, but the family is now so large we try and celebrate them by the quarter all grouped together(except for the little kids). This is the biggest group for some reason. We don't have many Winter/Spring birthdays but boy oh boy do we have a lot in the Fall!!! It was so much FUN!!!!

From the left back: John Purviance, Dee Harris (my honey), Hooper, Carolyn Mayes (Nana, my mom), Marla Balard (cousin), Randy Mayes (my brother).

On the front row we have John Aubrey Mayes (Oga, my dad), the gust of honor...Margie Mayes (Ma) ...celebrating 80 great years! Connie Kay Brooks (my aunt) holding Maggie James Ballard who just turned 1, and her sister Kaytie Jane Ballard celebrating #5!

I am so blessed to be a part of such a great family!!!It was such a pretty day we spent most of it outside. Hooper really enjoyed the car.

Just a cute shot I got of Hooper:
Kaytie Jane had to show us her cheers!


What a HAM!

I just wish she wasn't so shy, ha!
Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders, watch out!
Hooper RUNNING to his Oga!
Evan hates having his picture made and you cannot get him to pose! This is the best I got out of several tries!
I LOVE these shots of Dee!!
I LOVE THIS MAN!!!At Connie Kay and John-John's they have Beagle dogs and of course Hoop LOVED them!

He constantly stayed "on the run."




Is he beautiful or what?




They also had this cool water feature which mezmorized him to no end.
He even figured out how to drink from it. No, it wasn't the cleanest water being outside in a rotating pump, but he was too cute to stop...at least until I got a few shots.
Then he decided to get IN it. Thankfully enough of us were around to stop this disaster before it happened.
Then he figured out where the water came in from...
More drinking. This time Daddy stopped him.

Then he had to show Nana how it worked.


Connie Kay with Maggie. She always takes GREAT pictures! And a GREAT shot of John John too!Just a swingin'
Oga decided to let Hooper swing on the tire horse swing...a first for Hooper.
I think he enjoyed it!
That's the end of our party fun! I still have more Tennesse pictures to post so keep coming back! Have a GREAT day!

No comments: