Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Hooper's new NON-girly kitchen

As much as Hooper LOVES to help me in the kitchen I thought he'd enjoy a kitchen of his own. But I wasn't sure how I was going to convince Dee of this. Well as luck would have it, this past weekend we were at Wal-Mart and they had them marked down from $45 to $20! So with a little convincing I finally got Dee to agree to it. I initially said we could put it up for his birthday (in July) but the more we walked around the store with it, Dee said "I'm not having my son unwrap a kitchen at his birthday party...this can just be a present just because." With that said the kitchen was given to Hooper just for being a good boy that night.
Here's the nice friendly picture of our kitchen:And here's what it looked like when we took it out. Now we know why it was marked down, ha!A million pieces is an understatement!!
As if Dee wasn't thrilled enough with the kitchen now he gets to assemble this mess!
But with help from me and especially Hooper things got moving.

This boy is just like is Daddy and Papaw! Loves, loves, loves tools and building things!

Using his spatula to pick up the trash.
So serious!
It's coming together nicely. Have I ever mentioned how glad I am that I married an engineer? It takes one to put together kids toys!
Oh Hooper's getting even more excited now!
Look how pretty and non-pink his kitchen is. That was the one requirement from Dee. He said if it was pink at all it was going back!
Thanks Honey! Hooper and I love you!!!!

No comments: