Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Milestones

Last night we had two major milestones with Hooper. First, we went to Costco after dinner and were gone about an hour maybe 1 1/2 hr and when we got home Hooper still had a dry diaper. It was bath time so I undressed him and went to the bathroom to get his "bubbles" started. The little naked jay bird backed up to his potty, sat down on it and just about filled it up! I was so surprised that I started yelling for Dee, which scared Hooper. Anyhow he did it...and all by himself! We are so proud!

The next milestone is the sweetest! Every night Dee gets Hooper ready for bed in his PJ's, then hands him to me and we sit in the rocker while Dee sits on the ottoman, we hold hands and we say our prayers. Well last night Dee had put Hooper in Dee's favorite PJ's, his Mickey Mouse jammies (I'll post photos later) and Dee said "oh I won't get to see him running around in his Mickey's, and he's just so cute, do you mind if he just runs around for a minute so I can watch him?" Of course I agreed. So Hooper was running around playing in his room then tried to dart out of his door. Dee called him back and told him it was bed time and to come back in that we needed to say our prayers. Much to our surprise Hooper walked to the ottoman, got on his knees, laid his hands flat on top of one another and laid his forehead on them. Dee and I looked at each other in amazement and Dee said "well I guess this is how we're going to pray tonight." So Dee and I joined Hooper on our knees by the ottoman, Dee began to pray and Hooper kept his head bowed the entire prayer. Now mind you, we have NEVER prayed like this and Hooper has NEVER seen it done, so we have NO idea where he got it...other than God. It just sent chills through both Dee and me. My little prayer warrior! I'm such a proud Mommy!

No comments: